The Greensboro Depot
Train Depot 2, Greensboro FL
The Greensboro Depot was built in 1907 (year of the first operation of the AN RR) and is the only remaining original depot on the line which runs from River Junction (Chattahoochee) in Gadsden County to Port St. Joe in Gulf County. West Gadsden Historical Society (WGHS) ,was able to restore historic Greensboro Depot, and built an adjoining meeting room. This is now the Greensboro Depot Railroad Museum.
About 40 years ago, the depot was moved from its original location between the main track and the side track to a nearby lot. It was then remodeled by Nelson Clark and used as his barber shop as well as a thrift shop operated by area United Methodist Churches.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Greensboro Depot; West Gadsden Historical Society; Restoration; Greensboro Depot Railroad Museum; Gadsden County ( Fl.); Railroad depot --- Florida --- Greensboro.