Kingsley Plantation kitchen house located on Fort George Island, Florida. It was built in the 1820's out of cement tabby. Kitchens on plantations were often separate buildings connected by a walkway to the main house. Kingsley Plantation was named for Zephaniah Kingsley who lived there with his African wife, Anna Madgigine Jai from 1814-1830's. This is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #70000182).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Kitchens--Florida--Fort George Island; Kingsley Plantation (Jacksonville, Fla.); Fort George Island (Fla.); Agricultural