Vogelbach Drugstore (Homemakers Club) Melrose, FL. Dr. Herman Vogelbach built this structure circa 1886 to replace the original drugstore located next to his office destroyed by fire. In 1907 Dr. Frank McRae bought it and his daughter continued to operate the business until she died in 1944. It later became the Homemakers Club. It was owned by the Melrose Homemakers Club for many years. It is now headquarters for Historic Melrose, Inc. It is available for special events.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; clubs - associations; Homemakers club; Drugstore; Historic buildings; Clubhouses; Alachua County; Melrose Fl.