Preview

image preview

Creation Date

12-15-2012

Building Name

Kingsley Plantation

Description

Kingsley Plantation slave quarters ruins located on Fort George Island, Florida. The cabins are believed to have been built in 1820's or 1830's from cement tabby. The plantation is named for Zephaniah Kingsley who lived there with his African wife, Anna Madgigne Jai from 1814-1830's. This is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #70000182).

Latitude, Longitude

30.436508,-81.438042

Keywords

Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Slaves--Dwellings--Florida--Fort George Island; Ruined buildings--Florida--Fort George Island; Kingsley Plantation (Jacksonville, Fla.); Fort George Island (Fla.); Agricultural

Share

Image Location

 
COinS