Thomasville Depot 1, GA.
Thomasville has preserved one of Georgia's most impressive train stations, the former Atlantic Coast Line depot constructed on the south side of downtown in 1916. The city was at the junction of two important ACL lines, an east-west line from Montgomery to Savannah and a north-south connection from Albany to Florida.
The Thomasville Depot was constructed circa 1914-1916 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 19, 1988. The red brick depot is of the Mission/Spanish Revival architectural style and was designed and constructed by W.H. Little and W.C. Phillips. It is constructed of concrete, brick, tin, and terra cotta. The historic depot is now used for retail office space and houses a restaurant.
National Register of Historic Places NRIS #88000609
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Thomasville Depot; Train station; ACL lines; Red brick; Spanish architecture; Thomas County (Ga.); Railroad depots --- Georgia --- Thomasville.