Old ACL Union Depot
Old ACL Union Depot 2 , Palatka FL
The Amtrak station at Palatka consists of a platform adjacent to the historic one-story brick depot, known locally as the “Old ACL Union Depot.” The structure was built for the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad in 1908 in the Richardson Romanesque style and originally served as a junction for the Florida Southern Railway, Georgia Southern and Florida Railroad, and the Palatka Branch of the Florida East Coast Railroad. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
The Palatka Railroad Preservation Society and the Browning Railroad Museum have exhibition space in the station. The society was founded to preserve and promote the rail heritage of Palatka and surrounding communities, which it does by collecting and cataloging artifacts and documents relevant to the region's railroads. The museum contains a variety of historic photographs, maps, signs and other items, as well as a model train layout.
National Register of Historic Places #88000162
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Old ACL Union Depot; Atlantic Coast Line Railroad; Railroad depot; Historic depot; Putnam County (Fl.); Railroad depot -- Florida -- Palatka --- Putnam County.