M&B Engine 444
M&B Engine 444 Blountstown FL
The M&B was the shortest Railroad in Florida at 29 miles until 1938 when the Scott's Ferry line was added. Built in 1911 for Brinson Railroad (later in 1914 changed to the Savannah & Northwestern) the Engine worked steady for 36 years until in 1947 M&B changed to Diesel.
After retirement the engine was sold to Dr. Albert Folds of Marianna, In 1989 the M & B Engine # 444 was bought back and returned to Blountstown for display, in the M & B Railroad Memorial Park. The park is a small strip of land that houses Marianna & Blountstown Rainroad Steam Locomotive 444 and M&B Railroad Caboose 102. The M & B was used to ship a wide array of agricultural products , mail, manufactured goods and building products.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; M&B Engine 444; M&B ( Marianna and Blountstown); Steam Engine; M & B Railroad Memorial Park.; Marianna & Blountstown Rainroad Steam Locomotive 444; Calhoun County (Fl.); Railroad engines --- Florida --- Blountstown --- Calhoun County.; Images