Camilla Depot 2, GA.
The Atlantic Coast Line Depot at Camilla was built to service the junction of the Gulf Line and Atlantic Coast Line. It now serves as the Camilla Chamber of Commerce. Camilla's 1911 Atlantic Coast Line depot closed in 1984 and then sat deteriorating for years.
In the early 2000s it was rescued and given new life as a meeting facility and chamber of commerce office thanks to an infusion of $200,000 in Transportation Enhancement funds. The red-brick structure is particularly notable for its large arched windows and detailing on the passenger end of the building. The former freight room has been beautifully rehabilitated and now provides plenty of space for meetings and events.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Camilla Depot; ACL Depot; Camilla Chamber of Commerce; Red brick structure; Mitchell County (Ga.); Transportation --- Rail depots --- Georgia --- Camilla.; Images