First Presbyterian Church
The First Presbyterian Church located in Tallahassee, Florida was built in 1838. The timber used for the building was heart pine. The roof woodwork was mortised and pinned, no nails being used in the original building. In the early days the sanctuary was used when needed as a place of refuge against Indian uprisings. Though not visible from the exterior, rifle slots are built into the foundation walls. It is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #74000649).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Presbyterian church buildings; Tallahassee (Fla.); Churches and synagogues