Tifton Commercial Historic District
Tift Theatre 2 ,Tifton GA
Opened in February 1937 with “Pennies From Heaven”, the Tift Theatre originally had seating for 1,400 and was designed in Art Moderne style, complete with a multicolored tile facade and neon-lit vertical sign and marquee. The interior of the Tift Theatre had an unusual theme to its decor, the circus. The theatre lasted exactly half a century before it went dark.
The Tift Theatre, opened in 1937, has been carefully renovated, featuring a Carrara glass façade embellished with neon lights. The 650-seat theatre is home to a variety of stage performances, concerts, pageants and big screen movies. In addition to Broadway shows, concerts and movies, the theatre is available for rental.
Contributing Building - Tifton Commercial Historic District - National Register of Historic Places NRIS #86000382
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Tift Theatre; Art Moderne style; Performing arts theater; Broadway shows; Concerts; Movies; Historic district; Theaters --- Georgia --- Tifton --- Tift County.