St. Johns Masonic Lodge Plaque, Deland, FL. The plaque on the Masonic Lodge # 7 reads as-- "This building was the St. John's Masonic Lodge #7. The cornerstone, containing the membership rolls of the Masonic bodies in DeLand, was laid Sept. 14, 1925. Designed by local architects, Carpenter & Bent, the lower floor originally accommodated a lobby, fireplace, and five stores, the second floor contained parlors and a large banquet room, and the third floor contained the Lodge rooms. The oblong white openings on the top floor allowed ventilation but obscured from onlookers the meeting room of the Masons. The Florida Motor Lines moved its DeLand office into the ground floor in 1926."
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; clubs - associations; Masonic Lodge Plaque; Markers; Volusia County; West Volusia Historical Society; Deland, Fl.