Delaplane (formerly Piedmont Station) Marker B-21, Delaplane, VA
B-21 Delaplane (formerly Piedmont Station). On July 19, 1861 Stonewall Jackson's brigade of General Joseph E. Johnston's corps marched to this station from Winchester. They crowded into freight and cattle cars and travelled to the 1st Battle of Manassas. The use of a railroad to carry more than ten thousand troops to the Manassas battlefield gave striking demonstration of the arrival of a new era in military transport and contributed significantly to the Confederate victory there." Erected by the Piedmont Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy--1881
38 deg 54' 53.75", 77 deg 55' 17.03"
Taylor; George Lansing; Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Delaplane (VA); Historic markers--signs; Signs and Signboards--signs