Warrenton Historic marker
"The first court house for Fauquier County was built in 1760 on two acres of land belonging to Richard Henry Lee. The settlement that sprang up in its vicinity was first known as Fauquier court house and under that name was laid off as a town to contain eight acres, in a survey made by James Routt, December 4, 1790.
Fauquier Historical Society
38 deg 42' 48.93", 77 deg 47' 43.19"
Taylor; George Lansing; Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Warrenton (VA); Historic markers--signs; Signs and Signboards