The marker reads: "400 Government Street 1860 (Ketchum House-Cathedral Rectory) -- Ante-bellum town mansion of W. H. Ketchum. Commandeered as Headquarters of Union Army by General E. R. S. Canby, who occupied Mobile on April 12, 1865. Since 1906 used as Cathedral Rectory and home of the Bishop of Mobile. ERECTED BY HISTORIC MOBILE PRESERVATION SOCIETY 1978". Top of the sign: Image of the state of Alabama with Mobile written diagonally across it and six flags over the state.
30 deg 41' 19.65", 88 deg 2' 47.43"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Mobile (Ala.); Historic markers -- Alabama -- Mobile County; Churches and synagogues; Government Street (Mobile, Ala.)