The marker reads: "COLUMBIA BAPTIST CHURCH The Omussee Baptist Church dissolved shortly after the “split-off” which resulted in the organization of the Columbia Baptist Church. Both churches probably belonged to the Chattahoochee River Association in their formative years. In 1839 the Church joined the Bethel Association of Georgia. It later affiliated with the Judson Association. On November 7, 1885 the Columbia Baptist Church participated in the organization meeting of the Columbia Baptist Association which was held at Bluff Spring Church in Henry County, Alabama. ERECTED BY THE COLUMBIA BAPTIST CHURCH AND THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION 1990". Historic Chattahoochee Commission Alabama-Georgia emblem at the top of the sign.
31 deg 17' 39.23", 85 deg 6' 40.37"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Historical markers --- Alabama --- Houston County; Columbia (Ala.); Churches and synagogues