The marker reads: "CHRIST CHURCH (EPISCOPAL) Established in 1823, the first Episcopal Congregation in Mobile and in the State of Alabama. Cornerstone of present edifice laid in 1835; building completed and consecrated 1842 by Leonidas Polk, Bishop of Louisiana and Alabama, later General of Artillery in Army of the Confederacy." Image of the 6 flags over the state of Alabama with mobile diagonally across the state at top of sign.
30 deg 41' 20.27", 88 deg 2' 27.41"
Jacksonville; Mobile (Ala.); Historic markers -- Alabama -- Mobile County; Christ Church (Episcopal); Churches and synagogues; historic markers--churches