The marker reads: "SEALE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH -- The Methodist Congregation of which the church at Seale was organized in 1842, were pioneer families with a deep faith in God and a clear vision of the future. This group was centered around a small meeting place and a schoolhouse located on the north side of the Federal Road about 12 miles west of the Chattahoochee River. This church was called Glenn Chapel, a memorial to the old preacher, James E. Glenn. The preaching place, a sort of community center, was established near the home of Sterling Bass. The schoolhouse faced east and Glenn Chapel west, at what was known as the Sterling Bass Cemetery. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE SEALE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 1993". Top of the sign: Historic Chattahoochee Commission Alabama-Georgia emblem.
32 deg 17' 56.15", 85 deg 9' 58.72"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Seale (Ala.); United Methodist churches; Historic markers -- Alabama -- Russell County; Historic Chattahoochee Commission