The marker reads: "FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH Bethlehem Missionary Church was established March 12, 1825 with twenty charter members and Rev. E.W. Hallway Pastor. Landowners, slaves and the poor were all in the fellowship of the church. In 1826 ten acres of land was bought for $50 to build a church and a public school. The first meeting house was log, and the present wooden building was built in 1858. Bethlehem Church was the first Baptist church in Florida to have a Women's Missionary Society. In 1859 the name was changed to Campbellton Baptist Church and later to First Baptist Church of Campbellton. Full time services began in 1954. The church has been in existence longer than any Baptist church in Florida. CHIPOLA HISTORICAL TRUST 1996" Top of sign: Jackson County 1822., Andrew Jackson emblem
30 deg 56' 55.38", 85 deg 23' 42.92"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Campbellton (Fla.); Churches and synagogues; Historic markers – Florida – Jackson County; First Baptist Church buildings