The marker reads: "OLD ST. JOSEPH CEMETERY -- The fenced portion of Old St. Joseph Cemetery constitutes only a small part of the original burial ground of the city of Old St. Joseph (1835-1841). Mass burial sites of yellow fever victims lie in unmarked graves. The surrounding area was used by some of the earlier (1904-1940) residents of the present city of Port St. Joe. Most of the graves of both eras are unmarked. A new cemetery was established in 1957. ERECTED BY ST. JOSEPH HISTORICAL SOCIETY - 1982"
29 deg 47' 36.78", 85 deg 17' 15.78"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Cemeteries – Florida -- Gulf County; Historic markers – Florida – Gulf County; Port St. Joe (Fla.)