The marker reads: "GOODWOOD (2 MILES EAST ON LAFAYETTE GRANT) Ante-bellum mansion constructed of brick shipped from New York to port of St. Marks. Completed in 1843. Fine fan lights and pleasing window placements. Circular stairway. Rare old furnishings. DONATED BY THE CITY OF TALLAHASSEE." Top of the sign: Image of the Great Seal of the State of Florida – In God We Trust
30 deg 27' 29.20", 84 deg 15' 27.25"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Historic markers --- Florida – Leon County; Tallahassee (Fla.); Historic buildings; Goodwood Planation (Fla.); Plantations -- Florida -- Leon County