The marker reads: "CHURCH OF THE HOLY FAMILY The parish relocated to this site when the new church was dedicated May 12, 1880, and the name changed to The Church of The Holy Family. The Gothic-Byzantine structure was designed by architect Daniel Matthew Foley who was born in Dublin, Ireland. This church was built on property given by the Sisters of Mercy. The parish education building is located on the site where their convent and the school, St. Joseph’s Academy, stood from 1870 to 1964. This is the only downtown church with a grave located on its grounds. Rev. Michael Cullinan, a pastor of Sts. Philip and James, was buried here just east of the church’s main entrance. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND MEMBERS OF THE HOLY FAMILY PARISH 1992" Top of the sign: Historic Chattahoochee Commission Alabama-Georgia emblem.
33 deg 18' 8.21", 84 deg 33' 13.99"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Catholic church buildings; Churches and synagogues; Historic markers; Columbus (Ga.); Muscogee County (Ga.)