The marker reads: "WHEN THE RIVER WAS KING! The Apalachicola Board of Trade, 1860, in a resounding memorial to Congress, stated: "We are the great depot of the State. We do more business than each and every portion of the State put together. This year we have done $14,000,000.00 worth of business." In that year $13,000.00 was refused for a Water Street lot. Between 1828 and 1928 two hundred and four "Sidewheelers" and "Sternwheelers"- Queens of the River, plied this waterway. Long Live The Apalachicola! F-121 FLORIDA BOARD OF PARKS AND HISTORIC MEMORIALS IN COOPERATION WITH THE CITY OF APALACHICOLA 1964" Top of the sign: Image of the Great Seal of the State of Florida – In God We Trust
29 deg 43' 42.63", 84 deg 59' 0.47"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Apalachicola (Fla.); Historic markers – Florida – Franklin County; Apalachicola River