Preview

image preview

Creation Date

7-28-2018

Description

The marker reads: "ST. PAUL AFRICAN METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH Organized by early settlers including Frank Hudson and a Mr. McConnalt in 1866. That same year, Ben McDew gave a plot of land on Branch Street (now Martin Luther King Drive) to build the first church. In 1895, the present church was erected under the leadership of these trustees: Abrams Bowens N.H. Hardwick J.B. Jenkins C.S. Simpson Harry Franklin Nick Harris Aaron Richardson A.B. Walton J.R. Gay, Pastor The Valdosta Town Committee 1996" Top of the sign: The National Society Colonial Dames of America in the State of Georgia emblem

Latitude, Longitude

30 deg 49' 38.38", 83 deg 16' 33.22"

Keywords

Florida Blue Archives; Blue Cross of Florida, Inc. -- Archives; Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.-- Archives; Florida Hospital Service Corporation -- Archives; Florida Medical Service Corporation -- Archives; Health insurance -- Florida -- Jacksonville -- History -- 20th century -- Archives; Health insurance -- Florida -- Jacksonville -- History -- 21st century -- Archives; Hospitalization insurance -- Florida -- Jacksonville -- History -- 20th century -- Archives; Hospitalization insurance -- Florida -- Jacksonville -- History -- 21st century -- Archives; Health maintenance organizations -- Florida -- History -- 20th century -- Archives; Health maintenance organizations -- Florida -- History -- 21st century -- Archives; Medical care -- Florida -- Jacksonville -- Cost control -- History -- 20th century -- Archives; Blue Cross of Florida, Inc. -- Newsletters – Photographs; Promotional Photographs

Share

Image Location

 
COinS