The marker reads: "SITE OF FIRST CHURCH BUILDING IN CUTHBERT, GEORGIA The first church building in Cuthbert was erected on this site in 1839. Deacons Stephen Lundy and Allen Moye bought this lot from Jane Reynolds in 1837. The congregation of Mt. Zion Baptist Church, constituted in 1831, moved from their former location on Eufaula Road and constructed a frame building 30 feet by 40 feet with glass windows. In 1852 a new church was built facing College Street and renamed Cuthbert Baptist Church. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE RANDOLPH COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY 1980 J.J. JAXON CO. - EUFAULA, AL." Top of the sign: Historic Chattahoochee Commission Alabama-Georgia emblem.
31 deg 46' 17.62", 84 deg 47' 10.92"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Cuthbert (Ga.); Randolph County (Ga.); Mt. Zion Baptist churches; Baptist church buildings; Churches and synagogues; Historic markers