The marker reads: "CHATTAHOOCHEE COUNTY JAIL This jail is situated on property that was purchased soon after the county was created on February 13, 1854. Mr. Asbury Bryan was paid $1,250 for the original two-story log jail that was completed by July 20, 1855, under the supervision of Sheriff Silas Brown. The dimensions of the log structure were eighteen by twenty-two feet with fifteen inches separating the double walls. The jail was used continuously until the new facility was completed in 1902. At that time LaFayette Harp served as sheriff. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE CHATTAHOOCHEE COUNTY HISTORIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY 2002" National Register of Historic Places #86000368
32 deg 18' 23.89", 84 deg 46' 32.99"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Cusseta (Ga.); Chattahoochee County (Ga.); City halls and municipal buildings; Jails – Georgia – Chattahoochee County; Historic markers