The marker reads: "COVERED BRIDGE 2 MI. The Covered Bridge over Coheelee Creek, two miles north on the Old River Road, was ordered built by the Early County Board of Commissioners in 1883. It was erected by J. M. Baughman. Commissioners were J. S. Moseley, W. C. Sheffield, H. C. Fryer, and J. P. Lane. The Peter Early Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, were made custodians of this bridge by order of the Board of Commissioners of Roads and Revenue of Early County, on August 6, 1957. C.E. Martin, Chairman; Mrs. George Nelson, Regent, DAR. REPLACEMENT MARKER ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION 2007" Top of the sign: Historic Chattahoochee Commission Alabama-Georgia emblem.
31 deg 17' 18.43", 85 deg 3' 55.78"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Hilton (Ga.); Early County (Ga.); Historic markers; Covered bridges; Coheelee Creek (Hilton, Ga.)