The marker reads: "SABACOLA EL MENOR Located in Seminole County, near the forks of the Chattahoochee and Flint Rivers, was a town of Hitchiti-speaking, Lower Creek Indians. A Spanish mission, Santa Cruz de Sabacola el Menor, was established there in 1675. By 1685, English traders from Charles Town had contact with the Lower Creeks. The English in Carolina and the Spanish in Florida were both seeking the alliance of the tribe. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE SEMINOLE COUNTY COMMISSION 1980 J.J. JAXON CO., - EUFAULA, AL."
30 deg 48' 20.63", 84 deg 52' 34.99"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Seminole County (Ga.); Historic markers; Santa Cruz De Sabacola El Menor; Spanish missions; Indians of North America; Creek Indians