The marker reads: "PEACH COUNTY This County, created by Act of the Legislature July 18, 1924, is named for one of Georgia's leading crops, the Georgia Peach known throughout the nation and beyond. The famous Elberta Peach was developed in Georgia by Samuel B. Rumph and is grown widely in this area. Among the first County Offices were: Sheriff George D. Anderson, Clerk of Superior Court Emmett Houser, Ordinary M.C. Moseley, Tax Receiver C.N. Rountree, Tax Collector T.E. Tharpe, Treasurer C.E. Martin, Coroner W.H. Hafer and Surveyor T.F. Flournoy. 111-1 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954" Top of sign: The Great Seal of Georgia – Georgia 1776 Constitution Justice Wisdom Moderation
32 deg 33' 13.52", 83 deg 53' 16.77"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Fort Valley (Ga.); Peach County (Ga.); Historic markers