The marker reads: "1B44 SEVIERVILLE Settled about 1783, this town, first called "Forks of Little Pigeon," was organized as county seat of Sevier Co., 1795. Indian trader, Isaac Thomas' home was first courthouse, fort and tavern. Jas. McMahon gave 25 acre tract for the town, which was later named for John Sevier, first governor of the State. TENNESSEE HISTORICAL COMMISSION”
35 deg 52' 7.43", 83 deg 33' 54.49"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Sevierville, TN; Historic markers; Sevier County (Tenn.); Sevierville (Tenn.)