The marker reads: "IC 55 HARRISBURG COVERED BRIDGE 400 yards south, this bridge was built over the East Fork of the Little Pigeon River in 1875 by Elbert Stephenson Early, an area resident who owned Newport Mills. The bridge had deteriorated and its loss was threatened until it was restored in 1972 through the joint efforts of the Great Smokies Chapter and the Spencer Clack Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. TENNESSEE HISTORICAL COMMISSION" Top of sign: Tri-star Tennessee State Marker emblem
35 deg 51' 49.57", 83 deg 29' 1.20"
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida –Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida – Jacksonville; Harrisburg, TN; Historic markers: Sevier County (Tenn.); Harrisburg (Tenn.); Covered bridges