Dixon Brice House
Brenau University-Walters House. The Jim Walters House was built circa 1903 by Dr. E.E. Dixon and his wife Annie Perry Dixon. The Dixons had two daughters who attended Brenau. This house formerly known as the Dixon-Brice House, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is built in the Georgian Revival style with neo-classical detailing and the two story structure has a one-story veranda that wraps around two sides. The house was home to Alpha Delta Pi sorority at Brenau from 1910-15. Mrs. Martin deeded the house to Brenau and the university took possession after her death in 2001.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; Jim Walters House; Architecture; Brenau University; Gainsville, Georgia