Bryan Hall UF- 2 Bryan Hall was dedicated on November 20, 1914, in honor of Nathan P. Bryan. It is named for Nathan Philemon Bryan, an attorney, U.S. Senator, and judge who successfully fought for the establishment of a law school at the University of Florida while serving as chairman of the State Board of Control. It housed the College of Law until 1969. Bryan Hall is a historic building in Gainesville, Florida, United States. On June 27, 1979, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places # 79000653.
Built by contractor J.L. Crouse of Madison, Florida, at a cost of $24,000, Bryan Hall was designed by architect William A. Edwards. This structure follows Edwards’ established Collegiate Gothic style, with brick exterior fabric and terra cotta adornments, but without parapets or a cornice.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; Nathan P. Bryan Hall; University of Florida; College of Law; Gainesville Fl.; Alachua County