St Leo Abbey Historic District
Church of Holy Cross St. Leo Abbey 3 Ground was broken for the Church of the Holy Cross at Saint Leo in August 15, 1935, and the most Reverend T.J. McDonough, Auxiliary Bishop of Saint Augustine, solemnly consecrated the new monastic church on January 29, 1948. It is a Roman Catholic church.
St Leo Abbey is also home to St Leo University, as well as being a community of Benedictine nuns. The rural campus is surrounded by working farms and orange groves on rolling hills.
Contributing Building - St Leo Abbey Historic District - National Register of Historic Places
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; Church buildings; Catholic church buildings; Historic buildings; Church of Holy Cross; St Leo Fl.