Flagler College Wiley Hall, St Augustine, FL. This house at 6 Valencia Street stands immediately next to the hotel and was erected in 1898 as the residence for the hotel physician. Its architects and builders were James McGuire and Joseph McDonald, who built many structures in Florida for Flagler, in addition to large resort hotels.
In 1900 Flagler sold the house to Albert Lewis, a lumber baron from Pennsylvania. His family called the house "Casa Amarylla." In 1940 local physician Vernon A. Lockwood purchased the house. It was purchased by Mrs. Francis's son Lawrence Lewis, Jr., who donated the building to Flagler College in 1975.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Wiley hall; Flagler College; Administration office; St Augustine, Fl.