University of Florida Campus Historic District
Fletcher Hall UF, Gainesville, FL. Originally called North Dormitory, Fletcher Hall was completed in 1939. It was built during the Depression with the assistance of governmental programs such as the Works Progress Administration. The building was renamed in honor of U.S. Senator Duncan U. Fletcher. Renovated in 1984, Fletcher Hall continues to serve as a residence hall.
Fletcher Hall was designed by architect Rudolph Weaver in the Collegiate Gothic style following the tradition established by his predecessor William Edwards. Fletcher Hall is among the buildings that compose the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a historic area added to the National Register in 1989.
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; College campuses; College buildings; Historic buildings; University of Florida; Fletcher Hall; Duncan U. Fletcher; Residence hall; Alachua County; Gainesville, Fl.