Nauset Beach Lighthouse
The Nauset Beach Lighthouse is located near Eastham, Massachusetts. The current lighthouse was moved from Chatham, Massachusetts in 1923. The top half of the all white tower was painted red in 1940. This current rendition can be seen on bags of Cape Cod chips. The light was automated in 1955. The keeper's dwelling was built in 1875. The dwelling was donated to National Park Service in 1998. Since 1997, the Nauset Light Preservation Society uses the light as a private aid to navigation. It is on the National Register of Historic Places (NRIS #87001484).
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Lighthouses--Massachusetts--Eastham; Dwellings--Massachusetts--Eastham; Eastham (Mass.); Lighthouses