Ware Court House
Ware Court House Marker, Waycross GA
This marker is located near Courthouse in Waycross, GA
The text reads as :
" Ware County was created out of abortion of Appling County by an Act of Dec. 25, 1824. It was named for United States Senator Nicholas Ware. Early in 1825 an Inferior Court was created, made up of Justices William Smith, Solomon Hall, John L. Stewart Jr., Philemon Bryan, Absalom Thomas. The first county officers elected in 1826 were William G. Henderson, sheriff; Joseph Bryan, Superior Court Clerk; Zachariah Davis, surveyor and Joshua Sharpe, coroner. Philemon Bryan was the first State Senator and John L. Stewart first representative."
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953
Taylor, George Lansing, Jr.; Lance Taylor; Photographers -- Florida --Jacksonville; Photograph collections -- Florida -- Jacksonville; Ware Court House Marker; Ware Court House; Ware County; Senator Nicholas Ware; Historical marker --- Georgia --- Waycross.